Tuesday, August 23, 2011

... and she's gone

Well, Kathy has now left us. And I've gotta say... sisters are special.
I wish she would just come live with us.

Her time here with us flew by, and all 4 of us miss her dreadfully (Sookie loved her).

We didn't do a whole lot, since it was raining -- that coupled with the fact of having a tiny (but very cantankerous) baby kind of limits the possibilities.





Kathy went on lots of hikes in the hills behind us, which Sookie loved. We also went to the beach one day (not for long... Mr. Grumpy Pants demanded to be brought home).
We did go out for lunch with my friend Theresa, which was so great. We even went and got coffees after! I felt guilty...like I was playing hooky.

Kathy was so good with Elijah too!
Every morning, she'd come in and get him after he woke up, and let me sleep for a bit longer!

Having her here to help with the baby, and to pamper me, was just so wonderful.She washed dishes and gave me back rubs, not to mention the endless games of peek-a-boo and patty-cake for Elijah, and proper conversation for Gary (my train of thought doesn't stray far from 'BABY').


*sigh* I miss my sister terribly.

But we have more visitors coming!



Gary's parents are coming from Spain next month, and my brother and his beautiful wife are coming in November! It's going to be great.

I love family! Living so far from them all makes me appreciate time spent with them so much more.
---

If you're in the mood for a super cute baby playing peek-a-boo (and actually saying "Boo!") with his Auntie:



No comments:

Post a Comment