Monday, August 15, 2011

Sister time and the advent of cloth diapers


I am LOVING this.

My sister is visiting from Boston, and it's amazing. She is so good with Elijah, and he seems smitten by her too.



Kathy has been getting me out of the house too.
Her first day here, we went to HomePlus - only the 2nd time I've been grocery shopping since Elijah was born 3 months ago.




Yeah, yeah... I know. I'm a bit house-bound.

Elijah is pretty touchy and he gets grumpy quickly. I can't really take him out without fear of meltdowns.


Kathy and I went out for a LONG and very intense hike up the hills behind our apartments. We went all the way to the top where there's a pagoda, and you can see all the way to the sea.
It's really lovely up there - cool breezes and the wonderful smell of woods and wet pine needles.
We also did yoga yesterday morning. There's nothing like a sister to spur you on!
She is so caring and loving...back rubs, head massages, facials, encouragement, and reassurance. I don't want her to go!

Kathy also brought me an Ergo baby carrier, which is much cooler than the
heavy Sleepy Wrap I've been using. Elijah seemed to like it as well, and we went for a nice walk to the corner store. He managed to make it almost all the way home before breaking down.
She also brought so many new clothes and books (and cute cloth diapers)! Elijah is already in 6-9 month onesies (babygro), so he needed some new outfits!
[side note]
The cloth diapers are a big
step, but we're trying to switch over.
At the moment, he is in disposables
overnight and in the morning, until he poos. In the afternoon, he gets to wear the cute, modern cloth diapers. No plastic/rubber pants and complicated folding/pinning for us! These have snaps or Velcro, and are in nice colors or prints.
At the moment, we're mostly using bumGenius and Flip cloth diapers. I've staying away from the traditional flat diapers. I just don't think I'm ready for that!
[end side note]

I'm hoping that Kathy won't get too bored here!
We don't go out much. There isn't a lot to do in our small town, besides hike in the hills.
We could go to Daecheon Beach, but since it's summer, it's not only super hot, but the beach is full of university students and crazy stuff (it's not a typical western beach). . .crazy stuff like mad women on ATVs plowing down the boardwalk and almost running over our dog, tiny airplanes that fly 10 feet above your head on the shoreline, big groups of military guys having team-building
exercises, masses of students playing and drinking, horses running at full gallop down the crowded beach... it's all a bit mad! Entertaining, indeed. But with a tiny baby, not the best place to be.

We'll have to feed her some Korean food though, like bibimbap and mandu. She's already tried kimbap, and liked it. Kimchi is also on the list, of course.

Thanks for being here, sis! We love you!


1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad that you are having fun together and getting out a bit! He is so adorable, Kristin!

    ReplyDelete